Nature Of Work
Under the direction and supervision of the Programs and Fitness Manager, this position will be responsible for supervising up to 10 children ranging from kindergarten through 8th grade in distance learning program.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Daily greet parents and children; conduct daily health screening and temperature checks for each child for possible illness or communicable disease.
- Directly supervise the children at all times; Maintain consistent involvement with the children from the time they enter until the time they leave. Lead through school activities through both synchronous and asynchronous school activities.
- Maintain the cleanliness of equipment and facilities; maintain a safe environment by sanitizing and disinfecting the room on a daily basis as well as high touch areas every 2 hours per CDC guidelines.
- Enforcing all rules and to comply with Town of Leesburg, Virginia Health Department, and CDC guidelines.
- Maintain discipline and encourage observance of required safety precautions; and resolve conflict among participants as needed.
- Respond responsibly to emergency situations; report any unusual problems or events to supervisor.
- Operate a computer, copier, laminating machine, gymnasium, and playground equipment, and other standard office machinery.
For a more detailed job description, please visit the Town’s Job Description page.
- High school graduate.
- Must have experience working with and caring for children.
- Obtain CPR and First Aid certification within 30 days of hire.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
Successful candidates will:
- Understand that the hours are Monday through Friday; and hours fall between 7:15 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Work a flexible schedule.