- Nature Of Work
- This is responsible municipal law enforcement work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work involves responsibility for the protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals and the enforcement of laws and ordinances in a designated area on an assigned shift.
Must be currently certified by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services as a Law Enforcement Officer.
Selected candidates will join a Virginia accredited law enforcement agency in an innovative municipality. Leesburg, hometown of the 21st century, is located 35 miles west of the nation’s capital and enjoys a vibrant and authentic community with a population of more than 50,000 residents. The Town strongly encourages innovation, promotes career development, and offers excellent benefits to employees, including membership to the Town’s full-service recreation center, retirement benefits through the Virginia Retirement System and ICMA-RC, affordable health insurance, and numerous other fringe benefits.
For more information on the Town’s competitive benefits package, please visit the Employee Benefits page.
- Required Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment with U.S. Citizenship.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Virginia DCJS Certified Law Enforcement Officer.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Any of the following DCJS Instructorship Certifications: Firearms, EVOC, Defense Tactics, General, OC, Radar/Lidar, SFST.
- Virginia EMT Certification.
- Department of Forensic Science Breath Alcohol Operator.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Town of Leesburg
25 W. Market St.
Leesburg, Virginia, 20176