- Nature Of Work
- Do you want to apply your expertise for a cause you can feel good about? Do you want to work for an organization that wants you to grow with it and offers tuition reimbursement, certification training, and a chance to learn about multiple industries? Come work for the Town of Leesburg, hometown of the 21st century! Located 35 miles west of the nation’s capital in the heart of DC’s Wine Country, you’ll enjoy a vibrant and authentic community with “big city” amenities. The Town of Leesburg strongly encourages innovation, promotes career development, and offers excellent benefits to employees. Benefits include membership to the Town’s full-service recreation center, enrollment into the Virginia Retirement System, excellent healthcare insurance, and other fringe benefits.
Who We’re Looking For
If you identify with the following descriptions, then you may be perfect for the Town of Leesburg:
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive self-starter
- Life-long learner
- Strong team player
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Effective communicator
- Desire to impart knowledge to others
- “Early adopter” of new technologies
What You’ll Be Doing
This position performs technical engineering inspection work ensuring compliance with construction plans, specifications and design standards for the Department of Utilities. An employee in this class performs inspections of various projects such as sanitary sewer, water systems, water and sewer pump stations, force mains, sewage treatment facilities, and other construction jobs. Work also involves inspections on numerous construction projects from constructability design review through all phases of construction, from ground breaking to project warranty punch and final project acceptance. Is responsible for initiating daily assignments, following through on assignments, and using independent judgment to take appropriate actions to handle standard recurring situations. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Utility Inspection Supervisor with guidance from the Deputy Director of Utilities.
For a more detailed job description, please visit the Town’s Job Descriptions page.
What You’ll Discover
The Town’s Department of Utilities is a hard working team of friendly professionals who strive together to exceed excellence. Come join our team!
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) to four (4) years of considerable experience in construction inspections or as a construction foreman; or any equivalent combination of accepted education and experience.
- Knowledge in MS Suite applications and computer program applications appropriate to the position including asset management software.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with tanker endorsement within one (1) year of employment.
- Ability to obtain within one (1) year of employment: VDOT Intermediate Work Zone Certification including VDOT Flagging Certification, Trench and Confined Space training, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, and ACI Concrete Certification.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced computer knowledge including document management and databases.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience in water and sewer construction inspections including treatment plants and pumping stations.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS/GPS data collection units.
- NASSCO PACP, LACP, MACP Certification.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Compensation and Benefits
The Town of Leesburg is committed to providing competitive compensation and benefits, and opportunities to grow one’s career, all while making a significant impact on the operations and quality of life in a thriving community.
The Town offers competitive compensation, affordable health insurance coverage, participation in the Virginia Retirement System, an optional 457(b) retirement plan with a Town matching contribution, flexible spending accounts, voluntary benefits, employee assistance program (EAP), membership to the Town’s full-service recreation center, an optional payroll Roth IRA, and generous paid time off. For more information on the Town’s robust benefits package, please visit the Town’s Employee Benefits page.
- Town of Leesburg
25 W. Market St.
Leesburg, Virginia, 20176