Nature Of Work
The Utilities Department is a hard working team of friendly professionals who strive together to exceed excellence! The Water Pollution Control Division (WPCD) is responsible for the safe and efficient treatment of wastewater generated within the Leesburg service area and the subsequent stabilization and disposal of the solid wastes produced to ensure the protection of public health and the environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
This position involves advanced technical and supervisory work in the Utilities Department in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and associated facilities and equipment. Work involves responsibility for scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing work, coordinating training, conducting performance evaluations, monitoring employee performance, and overseeing the operation of the plant and plant laboratory.
The plant operates 24/7/365. This position will work rotating shifts (days/nights), including weekends and holidays.
For a more detailed job description, please visit the Town’s Job Descriptions page.
- HS/GED; and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the operation of a treatment facility, with one (1) year of progressively responsible supervisory experience, or combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a Class I Wastewater Operators license as issued by the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of industrial computer systems, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with Virginia Department Environmental Quality and permit and plant operations including SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Considerable supervisory training, skills and experience over staff members specializing in the operations of a treatment facility.
- Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license with appropriate endorsements and a safe driving record.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Compensation and Benefits
The Town of Leesburg is committed to providing competitive compensation and benefits, and opportunities to grow one’s career, all while making a significant impact on the operations and quality of life in a thriving community.
The Town offers competitive compensation, affordable health insurance coverage, participation in the Virginia Retirement System, an optional 457(b) retirement plan with a Town matching contribution, flexible spending accounts, voluntary benefits, employee assistance program (EAP), membership to the Town’s full-service recreation center, an optional payroll Roth IRA, and generous paid time off.
For more information on the Town’s robust benefits package, please visit the Town’s Employee Benefits page.