· Over ten years of administrative executive-level support
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
· Experience with Google: Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Drive, and internet
· Comprehension of Concur travel and expense reporting system experience
· Experience in providing administrative support: handling sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality, prepare calendar, agenda, and conference room
· Regularly perform a variety of administrative duties such as: secure confidential file management, take meeting minutes, draft agendas, compile documents, track action items, and handle correspondence.
· Organized, personable, with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
· Problem solver, multitask with attention to detail and accuracy, and strong follow-through
· Extensive experience as liaison to military, federal and international visitors
· Event planning of meetings with refreshments and luncheons or large scale seminars
· Supervise travel, accommodations, and logistics; generating expense reports and reconciling corporate credit card charges.
JE Dunn Construction Project Assistant
Sterling, VA 20164 March/2019 – August/2019
· Provide Administrative Support for Large Construction Company Project Management Team
· Serve as gatekeeper for the Project Team – scheduling visitors to the site and admittance of contractors to JE Dunn and Client construction trailers. Handle all phone calls, email inquiries, and site requests. Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information as well as professional manner when dealing with senior executives
· Assist the Safety Team and Security Personnel with processing paperwork for employees, client, contractors, and subcontractors including all on-boarding documentation – insurance certification, safety plan, background checks, drug tests and equipment certifications. Purchase all office and equipment supplies needed for both offices.
· Coordinate all office supply, equipment purchases and support including maintenance of all office equipment.
· Arrange for all vendors for on-site services including water, waste removal, and shredding services for Project Management Team, Medical, Safety and Client. Liaise with trailer rental companies for set-up and removal.
· Coordinate all event planning – arrange catering, rentals and entertainment for all employees and client on site (500+ individuals)
· Coordinate several weekly meetings for all Management Teams including Conference Room Reservation, Calendar Management for Project Managers, catering and clean-up.
· Handle all mail pickup, sorting and all shipping of mail and freight.
Self-Employed Administrative Assistant
35741 Winslow Court May/2015 – March/2019
Round Hill, Virginia 20141 20 Hours/Weekly
Support several executives with a variety of assignments including administrative support at all levels of complexity, database administration, confidential records management, and event and marketing activities.
The George Washington University Student Accounts Representative
Student Financial Services – Call Center May/2017 – November/2017
Ashburn, VA 20147 20 Hours/Week
Assist students, parents, third party payers, and faculty by phone; answering questions about Financial Aid, Cost of Attendance (tuition, books, room & board, etc.) and accounts issues.
Ability to use Banner, Kronos, GWid, GWeb, and EAS
Certified Financial Aid Professional (IFAP)
Assist internal and external customers with financial aid and other questions about attending college
Ability to determine when specific issues should be escalated to supervisor
The George Washington University Student Engagement Coordinator
Office of Student Services, School of Nursing September/2016 – November/2016
Ashburn, VA 20147 40 Hours weekly
Work with Director of Student Services, on several projects, assisting on-line and on-campus nursing students.
The George Washington University Accounting Analyst
Division of Information Technology March/2016 –June/2016
Finance Office – Accounts Payable 40 Hours Weekly
Ashburn, VA 20147
· Verify invoices by contacting vendors and confirming receipt of goods and/or services from ordering department; confirm PO Number and amount has been expended
· Process invoices through Accounts Payable Department
· Knowledge of Banner/EAS and Google Docs
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Ability to work sensitively with a diverse multi-cultural population comprising of faculty and staff
· Ability to work with highly confidential information
The George Washington University Education Program Manager
Executive Leadership Doctoral Program November/2015 – February/2016
Ashburn, VA 20147 40 Hours Weekly
· Supervise progress of students in the Doctoral Program including Cyber Security Group.
· Manage all aspects of thesis process including registration of all students in Banner
· Knowledge of secure confidential file management and proper archiving and disposal of documents
· Responsible for resolving all student issues that may arise while in the program
· Assisting internal and external customers with inquiries
· Handle all staff and faculty office assignments
· Assisting with all proposal/dissertation phases, submitting all paperwork with the proper signatures
· Work well independently and as a team player
· Manage room reservations for all classrooms, arranging food and AV support as needed; including conference rooms for Defense of Dissertation
· Twice per month on Saturdays, be present as cohort classes are in session
Northern Virginia Community College Veterinary Administrative Assistant
Veterinary Technology Program January/2011 – May/2015
Loudoun Campus 40 Hours Weekly
Sterling, VA 20164
· Veterinary Technology Program comprised of 90 on-campus and 200 on-line students, 5-full-time Veterinary faculty members, 3- full-time Licensed Veterinary Technicians (LVT), 1-kennel attendant, and various adjunct faculty.
· Assist the two Directors of the Veterinary Technology Program; on-campus and on-line with recruitment of students, purchasing of all supplies and equipment (surgical, dental, animal care, medical supplies, books, etc.) through State of Virginia purchasing procedures and assist in managing inventory or equipment records.
· Organize recruitment and job fair events; arranging for caterer, room reservation, invitations, thank you letters, and facilities requests. Prepare electronic reports and presentations for these events.
· Work with the State of Virginia – Board of Veterinary Medicine to acquire Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians Licenses and the Veterinary Office Site Licenses.
· Support Directors with hiring process and interpretation of HR policies and procedures. Handle all with on-boarding and exit procedures of faculty and staff.
· Assist with College and State of VA Architects and facilities planning staff to build new wing for program; purchasing FF&E (furniture, finishes & equipment), work with contractors, and manage budget.
· Assisting internal and external customers with inquiries
· Appointed to Loudoun Campus – Emergency Planning Committee
· Appointed to three College Committees by the President Templin – Professional Development, Personnel Services, and Environmental and Sustainability
Northern Virginia Community College Lab Technician
Environmental Science Program October/2014 – May/2015
Loudoun Campus 20 Hours Weekly
Sterling, VA 20164
Special Assignment from the Dean of Natural and Applied Sciences to work with Environmental Science Labs
Northern Virginia Community College Executive Assistant to the Provost
Office of the Provost, Loudoun Campus May/2006 – January/2011
Sterling, VA 20164 40 Hours Weekly
· Providing administrative support to Loudoun Campus Provost; ensuring the smooth operation of campus through cooperation with other NOVA Campus Provosts, college administration, Board of Directors and facilities management.
· Supervise all campus academic budgets including purchase requisitions, process payments, budget transfers and adjustments
· Purchase large equipment, office and classroom furniture, and other purchases from several different accounts as directed by Provost.
· Manage inventory or equipment records with IT and Facilities Divisions. Check to find missing equipment and report losses.
· Handle all Human Resources duties including hiring packets for Teaching and Administrative Faculty, Promotion and Rank Recommendation applications, and all faculty and staff Tuition Assistance Forms.
· Maintain work schedules and/or timekeeping records for Teaching and Administrative Faculty; including vacation time.
· Monitor all campus travel records and ensure correct for Provost’s approval; reconcile several corporate credit cards for accurate travel payments
· Assist internal and external customers with inquiries to the Loudoun Campus Provosts’ Office.
· Maintain secure confidential file management, take meeting minutes, draft agendas, prepare electronic reports and presentations for meetings, track action items, and completion of tasks.
· Manage Provost’s schedule and calendar using Microsoft Outlook and work with Loudoun Campus, Provost’s Staff, NVCC Administrative Council, President’s Office and the College Board to organize meetings and handle conflicts.
· Oversee all special events, guest speakers, and catering for the Provost’s Office including all Retirement Celebrations, Campus Convocation, Adjunct Orientation and Graduation Ceremonies.
Northern Virginia Community College Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and
Continuing Education Advanced Courses
Cazenovia College AAS Degree
Cazenovia, New York Equine Science & Business Management
Southeastern Louisiana University Completed 30 hours toward BA
Hammond, Louisiana History and Museum Studies
Archival Assistant to Dr. Joy Jackson Center for Southeast Louisiana Studies
Hobart and William Smith College Completed 30 hours toward BA
Geneva, New York History
United States Citizen