Tanya Seneff Colson
Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Branding, Logos, Ads,
Brochures, Magazines, Books
Graphic Designer / Owner
Jan 2014 – Present
Tanya’s Branding & Designs, Sterling, VA (US)
Freelance Graphic Designer, remote/contract or hourly.
• Freelance graphic designer creating various marketing materials from
start to finish, enhancing online presence and top-notch printed materials
• Clients range from associations to small business, logos to magazines,
books, logos, advertisements, and exports to align all brand identity
• Toggl Time tracking, matching client goals and budget, new clients
receive additional first-time client discounts, quotes available
• Client solutions exceed expectations; design is not only my expertise
but a passion to create compelling stand out designs.
Associate Director of Graphic Services Sep 1996 – May 2014
National Association of Secondary School Principals, Reston, VA (US)
• Managed multiple brands (Principals, Honor Society, & National
Student Councils Associations) within a large association; a large volume
of graphic design projects and production for ads, logos, brochures,
magazines, signage, and all brand identities and marketing collateral
• Executive level creative direction; created a team with five designers,
production manager, and production specialist
• Award-winning designs; 2 million in annual production, reduced costs
annually, within budget, multiple successful membership campaigns
• Promoted from Graphic Designer (3 years) to Graphic Services
Manager (4 years) to Associate Director (10 years).
Graphic Designer May 1996 – Sep 1996
Wallace & Company Advertising Agency, Reston, VA (US)
• Rendered architectural plans in MiniCad for export to
Adobe software. Designed high-end real estate ads and brochures.
• Temporary position after graduating from college.
I was offered a job with both Wallace and NASSP.
Ad Designer, The Breeze Campus Newspaper Oct 1994 – May 1996
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
• Developed creative ads for the newspaper and
posters in Macromedia Freehand
• When not working, I was found in the photography darkroom,
rendering 3D illustrations in the Duke Hall computer lab, drawing
on the quad, or volunteering with my sorority Delta Gamma.
Advertising Production Planner Jun 1990 – Aug 1994
Weider History Magazine Group, Leesburg, VA (US)
• Managed large ad volume for seven magazines, advertising
layout, contact and art coordination
• Approved ads, blueline/color proofs; created advertisements
and pagination plans
• Worked full-time while also a full-time student pursuing an
Associate’s Degree in Business at NOVA; then transfered to
JMU full-time to pursue a BS in Art & Graphic Design
• Hired as an Office Assistant; promoted to Ad Assistant
within 4 months; promoted to Advertising Production Planner
within first 2 years. This job inspired me to change my major
from business to Art/Graphic Design.
Skills & Specialization
Art Direction / Graphic Design, Print Production, Wix website, Creative Cloud, Adobe Creative Suite, photoshop,
adobe photoshop, adobe indesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere
JMU 1994 – 1996
Bachelor’s Degree, Art
James Madison University
Bachelors of Science in Art / Graphic Design
Adobe Design Software; Also studied 3D Animation: Model Pro/Renderman
Worked full-time for a magazine company while working towards an Associate’s Degree in Business at NOVA. Transfered to JMU and graduated in my major of Art/Graphic Design. Worked at the campus newspaper in my graphic design field.
Loudoun County High School
German Club, National Student Council ~Voted into Office of Secretary,
Cheerleading Football & Basketball ~ all 4 years, Captain